Saturday, April 21, 2012

Legian Restaurant (Yogyakarta, Indonesia)

Cusine: Indonesian
Location: Jl. Malioboro

I decided I had to make a stop during my time here to a restauarant that my family has been going to ever since my dad first came to Indonesia nearly 30 years ago. The restuarant is situated on a busy corner on Jl. Malioboro and overlooks the the main drag full of batik sellers in the city. When I was younger I remember the restaurant having many hanging plants coming down from the ceiling (like in Koutukis Restaurant in Edmonton) and was sorting an oasis in the city. While the restaurant is not as good as it use to be, it was certainly still worth a visit to not just the only real restauant on that street but also an iconic one.

View from my table overlooking Jl. Malioboro

Melon soda: melon syrup and soda water

Tempeh and tahu goreng (fried tofu) with sambal bawang (garlic sambal). I wish they gave me more sambal, it was
really really good.


Beef rendang: I've had better. This was more like beef curry. Rendang is supose to be beef slowcooked in coconut milk, spices and chili untill it is soft enough that they beef is supose to fall apart.


Love this

Cute eating area