Thursday, June 21, 2012

Taipan (Edmonton)


Location: Chinatown 97th street
Cuisine: Chinese

I tagged along to Taipan with my mom for one of her Indonesian ladies luncheons the other day...yey free food. Anyways, I've driven by this place countless times but was never really interested in checking it out, so coming here with my mom was a nice excuse. From what I could see it was your typical Chinese/Taiwanese food restaurant that had similar menus that you would find in similar restaurants. Price wise it was very reasonable and the serving were large and made to be shared. The restaurant itself is pretty big and was clean from what I could see. Flavor wise everything we ordered was very good, especially the garlic gailan...drool.

Chicken and salty fish fried rice

Garlic gailan (my favorite)

Salt and chili fried tofu

Soya sauce and fried garlic whole chicken (the sauce was a little of the oily side but it was still flavorful)
Taipan Cafe (Chinatown) on Urbanspoon