Sunday, November 28, 2010

TC Sandwiches

Cuisine: Vietnamese
Location: West Edmonton Mall
Hot topic: Vietnamese subs

This place seems to be one of the only places in Edmonton I've found so far that specializes in Viet subs. There is a small menu consisting of the basics like sate beef and chicken subs, pork, Viet deli meat.

Along with the meat the subs are filled with cilantro, jalapeƱos, pickled daikon and carrots, cucumber and some special sauces. Subs are 5.50$

I had the the grilled beef sub. The sub was good, but I have to say there was something about the meat in my sandwich I didn't quite like. I couldn't tell exactly what it was, perhaps the texture or the flavor, but I don't think it was very fresh. Other than that the sub was great. Love the cilantro and the cucumbers and the bread was perfect. Crusty on the outside without falling apart and making too much of a mess, and soft and chewy on the inside.

Grilled Beef

Sate Beef