Monday, January 24, 2011

Press'd: The Sandwich Company

Cuisine: Sandwich shop
Location: Basement, City Center Mall West
Hot topic: Sandwiches!!

I think I just found where I will be eating my lunch for the months to come. This place is yummy, healthy and fresh, well priced, conveniently located, and has a wide assortment of sandwiches and soups to choose from. I was very excited to finally try it out since I've been waiting for it to open for a while now and so far have read some great reviews on it.

Today I ordered the 'Meddito' (4.75$) on pumpernickel rye. The meddito includes smoked turkey, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, roasted red peppers and mayo. They put it on the press for a little whole so the bread was nice and warm.

The sandwich's come in 2 sizes, small or large. I had ordered the small but it was as big as my whole hand! So I have no idea what the large is like.

They bake their bread daily and you can choose from white, whole wheat, foccacia and pumpernickel rye.

They also serve soup (cream of potato, chicken noodle, bacon cheese, clam chowder, broccoli 2.99 S/4.79 L) and salad (Greek, broccoli crunch and fruit salad 2.29$). The large soup comes in a freshly made bread bowl. Yum!

Some of the great sandwich they have on their menu that caught my attention are:
-Golden Bear (5.75/8.79$): smoked chicken, baked brie, roasted apples, spinach, sweet fig jam
-The Bird (4.79/7.79$): smoked turkey, avocado, cream cheese, alfalfa sprouts, mayo
-Buenna Bella (5.29/8.29$): roasted portabella mushroom, basil pesto, spinach, cucumber, red onion, sprouts, tomato

http://pressdsandwiches.ca/


.:.

My 'meddito'

seating area